Sunday, January 10, 2010

Almost race time

I can't believe. 2 weeks away from the race. The last few runs have been super cold!

Tuesday (1/5/10) was a "brick wall" run, for me. I finished the 4 miles, but I was fighting a brick wall the entire time. Incredibly difficult run - 25 degree temp, windy, and mentally not into it.

Saturday's (1/9/10) run was great. It was cold, 12 degrees when we started. 12 of us set out for 6 miles and I think almost everyone finished. I managed to find my rhythm and that made for a superb run.

We only have 3 more group runs until we all head to Asheville for the hot cocoa race. Its starts at 7 a.m. (shivers!) but most of us are spending the night there on Friday so we don't have to wake up too early.

Then its decision time. Train for another 5K or do a 1/2 marathon?! I kinda want to try the 1/2 but not sure my friends will do it with me. I need them to keep me going. I'll let ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment