Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10K Training Complete - Mission Accomplished!

OMG! We made it. Completed the 10K training program and finished every course we started. Hooray to my running groupie friends!!!

Tonight was the last group run before our 10K. However, it wasn't our last run together because I know we'll start training for another race soon.

4 1/2 miles was the course, except it was the one I dislike. It goes by the store after about 2 miles and it's oh-so-tempting to stop!

Shin splints hurt! Hard to run with pain searing up the front of your legs. Brandee and I have both been dealing with that lately. Increased mileage is probably playing into it. Also, we both need fitted for actual running shoes. But we can't make any changes right before the race.

Saturday runs (even though I'm not a morning person) always go much better for me. Super glad the race is on a Saturday morning!

The first 2 miles or so seemed hard tonight but the closer we were to finishing, the better and faster we ran. I like a strong finish!

Keep reading, Asheville's Hot Cocoa 10K is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment